Saturday, October 17, 2009

Talk at Pennsylvania State

The astronomers at Penn State kindly hosted me at their snowy campus in State College. I was preceded by another very good exoplanet talk. Their was a very enthusiastic discussion, largely on what might be expected to happen that might or might not allow the energy signature of planet destruction to be seen.

Before and after the talk, I had good discussions with several astronomers. PSU has put together quite a good exoplanet group, following the lead of Professor Alex Wolszczan who made the first firm discovery of planets outside the solar system in 1992, three years prior to the discover of 51 Peg. I've talked with Professor Wolszczan in the past, which was good since he was on travel but most of the other PSU exoplanet astronomers were there.

I also took some photos of the campus with the bright colors of autumn leaves mixed with all the unusual early snow. I also enjoyed this scenery on the drive from State College to Youngstown, Ohio.

No comments: