Thursday, October 8, 2009

Baltimore and Johns Hopkins University

Today I was at Johns Hopkins University. I presented my talk privately since the public schedule was full. My talk went well again. I also heard from some astronomers here about their work. I went by the Space Telescope Science Institute across the street from the astronomy dept; I have an appointment with a STScI staff member for later.

One astronomer took me to a talk given by the Israeli ambassador to the U.S. Interesting that he had been a professor of history. He also grew up in the U.S. His talk was fascinating. I hope that Israel is as determined to have peace as he portrays.

The campus is beautiful. The leaves are starting to change color (more than the "just beginning" I said in my last Baltimore post). The East feels more "woodsy" than the West, and this campus is very comfortable.

I am to visit Washington DC tomorrow: NSF and NASA.

Another productive day!

No comments: