Monday, October 19, 2009

Driving to Utah to see family

It has been too long since I have seen my family in Utah, and now my father is very ill. I have never driven to see my family from such a long distance. The situation I have been put in has been a difficulty on my entire family. I had always expected to be a scientist who gets married and has children. I should have been lucky because nature has been kind to me, giving me no reason as far as I know that I couldn't have had family by now. But people put other plans instead. I was moved out of science to the extent of having my data access blocked, with colleagues and friends blocked from me by someone's choice. When I pointed out how this would end my life goal of career, I was told this was better for me. This was called "help" from someone who claimed he was giving me personal direction as a friend. If I lost my goals due to natural causes, it has to be accepted that things happen by nature without regards to our choices. But it is necessary to oppose unethical harm done by choice. Nature cannot be negotiated with. But we must expect people in power to follow principles of ethics to not do unnecessary harm. People can be pushed to make better choices.

I insist on going forth with my goals, to have the obstacles intentionally put in front on me replaced by help:
Career, family, and friends.

No comments: