Sunday, October 11, 2009

NASA Headquarters

Talked with several people at NASA Headquarters on Friday about being connected with NASA exoplanet science. I had long sought to be a part of the Kepler transiting planets project, and seek to be a part of the (still being proposed) TESS follow-on transiting planet project.

The proposal deadline for Kepler was at a very unfortunate time: 2007 May. Since this was just two months after Rosing cut me off my projects triggered by his disapproval of my personal activities having nothing to do with work, it was not the time that I was able to pay attention to the science deadlines that I now carefully watch. I am doing what I can to not be kept out of these historic projects. What a shame if when the earths are discovered if I have not returned to being a part of the effort.

Hence the trip!



No comments: