Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Arizona: First Talk of My Speaking Tour!

Talk went well in Tucson today! I greatly appreciate the kind hospitality of the faculty and staff at the University of Arizona Steward Observatory.

Richard Greenberg, a co-author with Brian Jackson and Rory Barnes of the paper that inspired me, attended. It was good to meet him. There were also some other good people around the department. Professor Jill Bechtold was very kind to arrange the venue for me. I appreciate the audience for coming with good questions. Met several exoplanet astronomers.

I have a good flier to give out showing my talk and the projects I did at LCOGT: TrES 3, Uranus satellite work, the first astronomer doing the first LCOGT telescope work. Thanks to Emily's input on the flier. She is a great designer. Emily is helping me make a graphic to add to my fliers.

Tomorrow I am going to New Mexico State University in Las Cruces.

No comments: